Midwest Community is a member-owned and controlled financial cooperative made up of members from local communities in Northwest Ohio. Our members are the fiber of our local communities.
We know from experience that when we provide the resources to build financial stability for our members, we are also strengthening the health of our communities. We invite you to share in our commitment.
How To Join
Becoming a member of Midwest Community couldn’t be easier. If you qualify in our field of eligibility, all you need to do is stop by any one of our convenient locations and ask for a Financial Service Representative. We require that you maintain a $25 balance in your primary Share (Savings) Account. Along with your initial deposit, please be sure to bring at least two forms of identification (one a picture I.D.) with proof of current address.
Once the paperwork is complete, you become a member of one of the most dynamic and energetic cooperatives in Northwest Ohio. With membership, you join 14,000 other community members working together to achieve financial security. Call us to find out more!
Who Is Eligible?
If you like the idea of becoming part of the growing move to financial cooperatives you aren’t alone. With 14,000 consumers in the Northwest Ohio area working towards a common goal of financial security we welcome you to join forces with us. You are eligible to become part of our cooperative team if you live, work, attend or go to school, or worship in Defiance, Henry, Fulton, Paulding, Williams, and the northern two-thirds of Putnam county in Ohio. Becoming part of our cooperative is simple, with nothing more to do than you would expect in opening a traditional account at another financial institution. Stop by today and become part of an organization with your financial success in mind.
Join Midwest Community Today!
Becoming a member of Midwest Community couldn’t be easier.
Why Join a Credit Union?
Credit unions offer the same financial products as banks—checking accounts, debit and credit cards, online banking, IRAs (individual retirement accounts), and home and auto loans—but the main difference between the two lies in who they work for. Banks exist to make money for their stockholders, not for their depositors. Credit unions don’t have stockholders. Instead, they exist to serve their members, and benefits are returned in lower loan rates and higher deposit rates.
Watch this short video to learn more.
- Your money, on your schedule
- Easily set up account and service alerts to help manage money and avoid fees
- Latest in technology to keep your information secure
- Securely access your accounts from your mobile device any time, anywhere
- Pay bills, make deposits, pay friends, move money & more
- Smart financial management and account protection with account alerts
Debit & Credit Cards
- Fast, convenient, easy access to your funds or line of credit
- Security at your fingertips with Debit Card Freeze
- No annual fees
- Stay informed with VISA Debit & Credit Alerts
You’re More Than an Account Number
- Our goal is to help you achieve yours
- More than a bank, we guide members to financial health
- Access to Investment services/Retirement planning
Personal Attention, National Scale
- Easy access to your money, at the branch and beyond
- One stop, full-service
- Access to 5,000+ Shared Branches through Shared Branching Co-Op
- 12,000 free ATMs across the country through Alliance One
- Better rates, better future, better life
- Personal & Business Loans
- Private Student Loans & Consolidation Loans
- Mortgage & Home Equity Loans
One of the advantages of participating in any cooperative is the more you contribute, the more you help the cooperative grow, and the more benefits you realize. The same is true of your relationship with Midwest Community’s financial cooperative. Our Member Advantages Benefit Package is designed to reward members that contribute to the cooperative spirit by providing additional rewards or benefits. The more a member participates with the credit union, the more they can benefit from low cost services.
- Associate Membership Just keep a balance of $25 in savings and a loan balance to receive basic benefits FREE each month. (fee schedule)
- Investor Membership Maintain a $1,500 combined savings balance OR maintain a $15,000 loan balance and receive basic benefits FREE plus limited free ATM use and more. (fee schedule)
- Partner Membership Enjoy the most rewards with a minimum deposit balance of $10,000 or a $25,000 loan balance. You’ll receive basic benefits FREE plus no monthly fee on checking, free ATM use, a .10% bonus on share certificates, a .25% discount on auto loan rates, and get most fees waived. (fee schedule)