We're here to help
Security & Privacy
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at: 419-783-6500
or write to:
Manager – Midwest Community Federal Credit Union – 8770 N State Route 66- Defiance, Ohio 43512
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliate, Area Financial Services (CUSO)
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
- MCFCU may collect information on domain names, dates, and times of visits to MCFCU’s website. The information collected, will not include any personal identifiers. If the information is collected, it will only be used to record website visits to help assess the overall value of the website.
- With the exception of the usage described above, visitor information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- No cookies are required.
- MCFCU may use feedback information received by e-mail from visitors to respond to raffle entries, inquiries, comments, or suggestions.
- E-mail information is never sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
Should a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to MCFCU, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent or provide parental notice.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies, and securities broker-dealers
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, and plastic card processors
Midwest Community Federal Credit Union and its affiliate Area Financial Services (CUSO) may also work closely to offer products and services to meet member needs. As a result, we may also share your nonpublic personal information with each other as permitted by law.
Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Midwest Community Federal Credit Union or its affiliate, Area Financial Services (CUSO), we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
Although our website does not require you to disclose any personally identifying information, you may choose to provide this to use one of our products and services. These products may include, online banking, applying for a loan, or other services which require personal information to complete your request. E-mail addresses are collected from members who request electronic services and from our website users who choose to provide their addresses to us. No confidential information is collected from you online, unless you have provided it to us.
What Members Can Do To Help
Midwest Community Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINS (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers,etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us at 419-783-6500 – we are here to serve you!