The acceptance of totally branchless banking has increased lately with COVID-19 restrictions, but some are still skeptical. Way back in 2014, Bankrate released a study saying that more than 30% of Americans haven’t visited a branch in the last six months, and that number has only climbed from there. With the rise of mobile technology, financial security and digital communication, it’s possible to never step foot in a branch again. But you don’t have to use a fintech startup with an unproven track history to go branchless: Midwest Community offers everything you need.
Simplify your banking and make life easier with these tips on going branchless.
The No-Brainer Stuff
- Download MCFCU’s mobile app. Available for Apple and Android devices, the MC Mobile Banking app’s features include viewing your balance, making transfers, paying friends, depositing checks and more.
- Use a Mobile Wallet. Now all your Midwest Community cards are supported by your favorite mobile wallet options, so you can enjoy all the benefits of your MCFCU Visa on your mobile device. But why use a mobile wallet? Check out this PDF to learn more.
- Use online banking. Use MC Online to access your account in real time, whenever you want. View your accounts, pay your bills, get e-statements and much more.
- Follow MCFCU on social media. For important updates, like when to expect branch closures or tips on how to save money, social media is a great way to get connected and stay up-to-date. It’s like going to see your favorite teller, just without much effort. You can find Midwest Community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
The Easy Stuff
- Deposit cash through ATMs. Depositing cash is probably the hardest part of going mobile, especially if you’re traveling. But Midwest Community has a number of ATMs available, plus with Shared Branching, you have access to thousands of convenient locations to perform financial transactions.
- Get customer service through digital channels. Reach out on social media (see #3 above) or submit a request via email or our online contact form. You can also always use your smartphone for *gasp* making a phone call (you can call us at 419-783-6500.)
- Apply for loans online. It’s as easy as it sounds! You can apply for a loan or pay your existing loan online. We use all the latest technology like DocuSign so you can sign all the paperwork from the comfort of your living room.
Keep in mind, you don’t have to go totally branchless (but you could). Midwest Community is open and happy to help you reach any of your financial goals. We’re always here to help if you ever have questions or issues. We’ve got your back!